Data Engineer (m/f/d)Vollzeit | Frankfurt am Main
OUR TEAM WANTS YOU
We love technology and excellence, always being open-minded with solutions and aligned with the best practices of the market when talking about data (Data Unit Testing, Clean coding, mixed data stack).
We value knowledge sharing and improvement (sessions of knowledge sharing and teaching, reserved research time slices). As a team we believe in disruptive solutions, always focusing on the value versus effort.
AT THINKSURANCE NO TWO DAYS ARE THE SAME! YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Development and maintenance of scalable ETLs (queries, programs, automated process) and building new data organization to support data increases in quality, volume and complexity.
- Collaboration with analytics and business teams to improve insights from a centralized datalake, always keeping in mind the single source of truth, providing data models using business intelligence, data science and other valuable tools, increasing data accessibility and helping to keep the company even more data-driven.
- Writing unit/integrations tests, contribution to engineering wiki and documents work.
- Ensuring data quality and production stability through monitoring technologies and excellence data development methodologies.
- Performance of data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assistance in the resolution of data issues; Design of data integrations and data cleaning process.
- Close collaboration with other teams, product managers and business users.
WHAT DEFINES YOU
- Extraordinary analytical, problem-solving and self-learning skills along with great team spirit
- Communication skills and out-of-the-box-mindset
- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics or a comparable subject (Machine Learning, Mathematics, Applied Statistics)
- Great programming experience in Python; additional experience in Java is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL data management and first touchpoints with the Star Model Schema - Kimball are preferred
- Experience with ETL and Datawarehouse concepts
- German language knowledge skills are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Modern company culture: flat hierarchies, quick data-based decisions and the requirement to co-design the company’s strategic way forward are our day-to-day life
- Steep learning curve: Here, you shape, not slave. For most challenges, you will be the first one solving them within the firm. Our highest priority is your personal development. Thus, you will learn daily, simultaneously receiving as much support as you need to reflect on your outputs with the directors
- Distinction: We strive for making a sustainable difference in the sector – this is your opportunity to mark your footprint
- Attractive compensation: free healthy drink & snack supply, sport events along with attractive compensation are a self-evident part of your contract
WHAT DRIVES US
The Data Analytics department is the heart of our company and primarily responsible for the build-up of valuable analytics, which serve our clients as critical fundament. In order to further advance the digitization of an entire industry, we are looking for support as soon as possible.